The Shibunkaku Group is currently seeking full-time employments
- Open Positions
– Department of Fine Art: Sales consultant, editor and researcher, and client service staff
– Department of Antiquarian Book: Sales consultant
– Department of Publishing: Editor
- Starting Date
10:00 – 18:30
*overtime when necessary
- Education Requirement
- Skills and Requirements
– Japanese and English skills in high standard (equivalent to JLPT1)
– Creativity, Coordination, Project management, and Product management skills
– Graphic design skills, Developing creative standards, Illustration tools, Desktop publishing skills, and multimedia content development
– Strong interest in and knowledge of Japanese art or history will be preferred
- Job Descriptions
– Sales consultant
Art works and antiquarian book dealing
– Editor and researcher
Accomplish editing department work requirements by researching artworks and creating contents for art catalogues both in Japanese and English (executing layout designs and copy).
Improves quality results and updates job knowledge by studying and evaluating artworks, reading professional publication, and maintaining personal networks participating in professional organizations.
– Client service staff
Day to day organization of the site administrative and organizational tasks
Managing Shibunkaku Art Auctions
Planning and editing academic publications of history, Japanese classics, fine art and tea ceremony as well as reference books in art and culture.
- Salary and Benefits
– 190,000 JPY per month (salary will be commensurate with experience) + reward for perfect attendance of 20,000 JPY per month + other allowances
– VISA sponsorship
– Social insurance (Health insurance, Welfare pension insurance, Industrial accident insurance, and Employment insurance)
- Application process
The first screening, targeting candidates within Japan, will be held on 16th, 17th, and 18th in April at Gallery Shibunkaku, though Skype interview or other options are available. Please send us your CV in both Japanese and English via e-mail. Your CV must include reasons for your application and self-promotion.
If you need further information, please feel free to contact us.
SHIBUNKAKU Co., Ltd.
355 Motomachi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0089, Japan