Manager for Personal Information Protection
Shibunkaku Co., Ltd.
1. Acquisition and use of personal information
When we acquire and use personal information, we identify and convey the purpose of use. We will handle the personal information within the scope necessary to fulfill the purpose of use. We will take measures to prevent personal information from being used other than the purpose.
Purpose of use in business activities:
(1) Providing assessment, purchase, sales, and services
(2) Sending details about our artworks, services, exhibitions and events
Other use in corporate activities:
(2) Human resources management
2. Shared use of personal information
We may share personal information among the Group, in order to provide comprehensive services.
- Purpose of shared use:
Same as in Section 1, we will not use personal information out of the scope of use.
- Items of personal information which can be shared:
Name, company, department, title, address, phone number, fax number, e-mail and sales record.
- Cooperative shared companies:
Gallery Shibunkaku, Shibunkaku Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Person responsible for shared use of personal information:
Manager for Personal Information Protection, Shibunkaku Co., Ltd.
- Acquisition method
Written material, electronic data
3. Entrusting personal information
We may entrust personal information to a third party within the scope necessary to fulfill the purpose of use. When entrusting personal information, we select a third party that meets a certain standard of personal information protection and take reasonable measures including conclusion of NDA. We also properly supervise the third party to ensure proper management of personal information security.
4. Provision of personal information to a third party
We will not provide any third party with personal information except when one of the following conditions is satisfied:
1) Consent has been obtained from the principal
2) Personal information must be provided to protect human life, health, or property and it is difficult to obtain consent from the principal
3) Disclosure or provision of personal information is legally mandated for compliance with the Laws and Regulations
4) The business entity is succeeded due to merger, spin-off, business transfer or other reasons
5. Optionality of provision of personal information
Provision of your personal information to us for the purpose of use specified above is arbitrary. However, please note that incomplete information or absence of information may prevent your use of our services.
1. Acquisition of personal information by a method which the principal cannot easily recognize
We will not acquire personal information by any method which the principal cannot easily recognize without making it to the principal.
2. Disclosure, etc. of personal information
Upon receiving a request to disclose, correct, delete, or otherwise handle personal information, we will respond appropriately and without delay to the request, after verifying the identity of the principal.
Any personal information acquired in the disclosure request or other procedure will be handled within the scope necessary to fulfill the particular purpose of the procedure, including verifying the identity of the principal, responding to the request, and using the data for a survey, etc.
If you want to request disclosure, etc. of your personal information, please send the
request form for disclosure, etc. of personal information as well as other documents
mentioned in, and post it to the following address.
SHIBUNKAKU CO., LTD.
355 Motomachi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0089, Japan
Tel: +81 75 531 0001
Fax: +81 75 531 5533
Personal information handling on website
Our website are encrypted via SSL as required to protect your personal information.
When you access the website and provide your personal information, your browser automatically encrypts the data by using technology called “SSL encryption” and sends the encrypted data to our receiving server.
This is an English translation from the Japanese version. In the case of any disputes, the Japanese version takes precedence.